Upcoming Events

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a payment?

Payments are accepted at the Chapple Municipal Office by cash or cheque. Credit card payments can be completed by selecting the Make an E-Payment option on the website homepage and creating an account through Chapple’s E-Commerce Portal.

To send payment via e-transfer, email cao@chapple.on.ca using the password CHAPPLE. Please ensure you specify what your payment should be applied to in the sender notes.

Payments can be made through CIBC’s online banking portal and app. Search Chapple and select the utilities option or the property tax option to send a payment, ensuring your roll number or account number are included.

Do I require a building permit?

Yes. All building activity within the Township of Chapple is governed by the Ontario Building Code Regulations. Municipal building permits are required for most construction activity, with costs calculated on a square-foot basis. Further information can be found under the Planning & Building section of the website, or by contacting the municipal office.

Do I require a fire permit?

Yes. All open air fires within the Township of Chapple require a burn permit. This includes bonfires, fire pits, wind-rows, and agricultural burns. Residents are responsible for costs or damages resulting from burning without a permit, or out-of-control fires. Burn permits must be purchased online through Chapple’s Burn Permits Portal. Residents are reminded to check hazard ratings before burning, and always call the number listed on your permit before initiating a burn.

Can I attend a Council meeting?

Yes. Council meetings are held in the Council Chambers at 54 Barwick Road on the second Tuesday of each month. All council meetings are open to the public. To speak at a council meeting as a delegation, a DELEGATION FORM must be completed and submitted to the municipal office NO LATER than the Thursday immediately proceeding the meeting. Correspondence or documents intended for the public Council agenda should be submitted NO LATER than the Thursday proceeding the meeting.

What do my taxes pay for?

Your municipal taxes pay for many of the services used in your everyday life. This includes public education (RRDSB and NCDSB), the regional health unit (NWHU), social services (RRDSSAB), ambulance services, fire protection (CEL Fire & Emergency Services), policing (OPP), the local library (Emo Public Library), road maintenance, recreation facilities, maintenance of municipal water/sewer infrastructure, streets, bridges and more.

How do I book a stay at Chapple’s R.V. Park?

Chapple’s R.V. Park is located at 150 Main Street, and is open in the summer months only. The municipality does not take bookings – spots are on a first-come, first-serve basis with the first 3 nights FREE. To add additional days to your stay, the cost is $15/day or $90/week.

More information on the Chapple Centennial R.V. Park can be found under the Community tab by clicking Attractions.

Skip to content