For Contaminated Material or Spills, the Emergency Contact for the Shenston and Richardson Landfill, is Charlie Loveday, Public Works Superintendent: (807) 276-1653
Waste Disposal Cards are required at Chapple’s Municipal Landfills. Waste Disposal Cards should be shown to the Landfill Attendant or Supervisor prior to dumping any debris at the Municipal Landfill Sites. Waste Disposal Cards are provided to all landowners. Replacement cards can be obtained by contacting the Municipal Office.
Hours of Operation
|Days||Shenston (Huziak Road)||Richardson (Teeple Road)|
|Monday||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Tuesday||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Wednesday||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||CLOSED|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.||1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.|
Landfill User Fees
Sorting Requirements for Chapple Landfill Sites
Failure to sort waste correctly will result in a total ban of the use of the Landfill sites. Please note that only municipal employees are allowed in garbage disposal areas – RESIDENTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GO THROUGH THE GARBAGE.
Waste must be separated into the following categories:
- Propane Tanks
- Household garbage
- Cement – cement blocks, large chunks of broken cement
- All household furniture i.e.: treated, painted, stained or upholstered furniture
- Plywood – OSB, press board, MDF board (anything that contains a glue product)
- Treated Construction Lumber – 2×4’s, etc.
- Clean wood – tree branches, brush, limbs and leaves
- Construction wood – non treated and non painted
- Wood Pallets – non treated and non painted
- Wood crates – non treated and non painted
- Cardboard – non treated and non painted
- All Metals
- Vehicles and all their metal parts
- Air Conditioners – including portable, central air units – must be tagged by a qualified technician that freon has been removed.
- Freezers, Refrigerators – must be tagged by a qualified technician that freon has been removed.
- Propane tanks must be completely empty, valves removed and put in a separate area beside the metal pile.
- Page wire, barbed wire, cables to be rolled and put in a separate area beside the metal pile.
- Ash must be cold – NO hot coals – must be dumped in the ash pile.
- All tires regardless of the size must be put in the tire pile.
- All tires must be reported to Landfill Attendant. A Tire Drop Off Ticket must be completed before disposing of tires.
- TV’s, computers, printers, tablets etc. To be placed in the electronic bin.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT:
- New or used oil i.e. motor oil, hydraulic oil, etc.
- No oil containers – full or clean
- No used oil filters
- No fuel or oil tanks unless they are clean and dry.
- Paint cans/aerosol cans.
- Air Conditioners/appliances with Freon.
Creosoted wood, railway ties, bridge timbers are accepted at the Richardson Landfill ONLY (for a fee).